Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A new beginning...

Our LifeGroup just gave birth to two beautiful groups, which was quite emotional, we have lived life so much together, they have been with us through some pretty rough times and we love each of them SO much, but we had to let go...get out of our comfort zones...step into what God intends for our groups...walk across the room...so, last night was our first group since the new beginning (I'm not fond of the term "split" so I will avoid it, because it is a growth, a new beginning). I am so incredibly proud of my friend Nancy who totally stepped out of her comfort zone into the Zone of the Unknown to lead our new group! She took a step of faith, trusting totally in God to lead and guide through her! BEAUTIFUL! I love to watch the beautiful growth in people and am humbled by the opportunity to watch her blossom and glow with the love of God. It just truly touches my heart and continues to ingnite my fire for God and encourages me to live a more missional life! I am so excited to see how God is going to move in and through our new groups!

Today marks the 50th birthday of one of the greatest men I know, Bo Lindley! Bo, along with his beautiful family (Kay, Chase & Mary Katherine)have blessed our life so much! From the first time I met them (years ago) they have truly had an impact on my life! Although I've known them for years, I have to say the last year and a half of being in their LifeGroup has been the biggest impacting time. Bo's knowledge of the Bible inspires and challenges me to get in there and dig deep and truly understand what it was that Jesus faced in all the days He walked on this earth! That southern drawl keeps us smiling, yet comforts us in times when we need encouragement! Thanks Bo and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We love you lots!

My prayer today: Father I come to you today thanking you for the gift of friendship, I thank you for uniting us in your love. I lift up each and every LifeGroup today Lord, praying that we would step up and live up to your calling for us, live missionaly and truly walk across the room, give each the strength to break out of those comfort zones and remind us, it's not about us, it's all about You Lord, break each of our hearts for the lost, give us a hunger to reach out and walk across the room like never before. I love you so much Father God, I am incredibly humbled by the love, grace and forgiveness you bless me with each and every moment of the day, I pray that I would bless each and everyone I come in contact with, with the same love, grace and forgiveness you give me. We truly serve and love an awesome God!