Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A beautiful rain...

As I sit to blog, I am completely soaked, but blessed by the beautiful rain that is finally nourishing the earth.

As Ashtyn & I were waiting for Hannah after school the rain began to fall on us. Everyone around was huddling under their umbrellas, but as for Ashtyn and I....we intentionally left them in the car. We wanted to not just see the rain, but to feel the rain. And as Hannah came out she asked where the umbrellas were and my only answer was that they were in the car and that we were going to "play in the rain" and enjoy the blessing God was giving us. So as we got home it was raining even harder and out we went to play in the rain, to rid & refresh our souls as the rain fell on us. And what a teachable moment!!! Although we may have looked silly dancing around in the rain, our hearts were full of thanksgiving as we danced around singing "Thank you Jesus for the rain". Not only was it teachable for the kids, but as for me as well!

Once again God sends us a humble reminder that He knows not only our needs, but the needs of the very earth that He made. That in His time He will quench the earth and all the beauty that He has given us, just as He quenches our souls thirst with the Living Water.

God uses amazing things, whether great or small, to send the most abundant peace throughout my body & soul! Not to mention the time I needed just to let go of everything, be a kid again, and most of all to see & feel another miracle of the awesome God I love & serve.

My prayer today Father is of thanksgiving, not just for today, but for life and for the awesome gift of everlasting life that you have given each of through the death of your precious Son Jesus on the cross and the only thing you ask Father is that we acknowledge that we are sinners and ask you to come into our hearts and love you...Wow! Your love is amazing! I lift up those who don't know you and I pray that they would take the step of faith to invite you into their hearts and that they would allow you to invade their lives like never before, that they would not just invite you in Father, but that they would truly experience a life-changing relationship with you. And Father God, I pray that you would use our church and the staff as they see your vision for Meadow Heights and they feel the hurt of the lost. Give them a strength that can only come from You. I pray that you would use my life to reach others for you, that you would continue to place people before me and that you would continue to break my heart for those who are hurting & in need for you and fill me with a hunger for your Word like none other! Thank you Jesus for your love, grace & forgiveness and for being the omnipotent God who was, is and is to come!