Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Overwhelmed...

Have you ever been so overwhelmed that you are almost completely speechless?? I am, if you know me very well, is totally and utterly almost a miracle in itself.
This week has been amazing, humbling, overwhelming & filled with God's magnificent presence in so many ways.
I've been blessed to be part of CommunityMPACT Day 2007 and let me tell you what, working with Mac to get this mission done has been awesome! It has challenged me, encouraged me, blessed me and confirmed, with new clarity, what my purpose here on earth is.
Then Ashtyn's PET scan was cancelled due to our insurance claiming it is not medically necessary. And I will be quite honest, I am very human and every ounce of my being was incredibly tested by this trial! I went through a period of tears, anger, and frustration. I honestly allowed this insurance company (for a period of time) to totally rock my peace and my world. God was so incredibly patient with me, He allowed me time to be human, to feel all those feelings, then when I calmed down & prayed that He forgive me for being so angry and upset, He lovingly and gracefully reminded me that I am a mom and I will feel those feelings, but the most important thing is that I give it all to Him, He wants me to lay it all at the foot of the cross. Leave that baggage with Him, because He has the strength to carry it all. When we are weak, He is made strong and let me tell you what He was stronger than I could have ever imagined.
Through these trials we have been incredibly overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, encouragement & prayers from people all over the world (literally). We have received tons of emails, phone calls and cards from people we have never heard of before and each at a moment we needed that encouragement.
In a conversation the other day the person I was speaking with asked me if I had ever Googled Ashtyn's name and said how overwhelming it was. And to be honest, I never had thought about it until tonight, as I sat down and began reflecting on our day, tears literally pouring down my cheeks in awe of the amazing God we serve who has continued placing amazing people and resources in our lives. So, I took the plunge and typed in her name!! Wow!! Crazy!! I don't know how many websites mentioned her name and the benefit concert that is going to be held on November 10th in her honor. Check this group out http://www.myspace.com/parallaxviewband they are the band that will be performing!! Thanks to Parallax View for honoring God by loving people, you rock (literally!)

I stand in awe of You Lord! Your love is amazing! My hearts sings a song of praise each & every moment of the day to You! Thanks for the awesome calling You have for my life! GOD, YES, AMEN!!