Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy 5th Birthday Ashtyn!!!






Wow! Five amazing years with this precious child. As an OB nurse I have the amazing opportunity to witness God's miracles as each baby is brought into the world, but this past year has brought new meaning of what miracles our girls truly are. God has blessed our lives more than we could have ever imagined.

Tonight we had the opportunity to celebrate Ashtyn's 5th birthday at the MHAV site with about 20 amazing people who have a heart for God and a vision for His people that have touched my heart each day/night we are at the site working side by side for the same purpose...to honor God and love people. We have been so blessed to be able to celebrate both Hannah & Ashtyn's birthdays there with people who have blessed us so much! Ashtyn got to stand on the new stage as we all sang 'Happy Birthday' to her and watched her blow out her candles...she thought that was awesome!

As I was picking up her birthday cake & supplies I became so overwhelmed with thankfulness that it was all I could do to not break down and cry right in the middle of Wal-Mart! God has blessed us with an amazing five years with her and as a mom I prayed selfishly for many more birthdays with her. Don't get me wrong...I totally trust His plan for her life, yet I find myself being very selfish this time of year, constantly "arm wrestling" God for her, I have been riding the fence lately, I give her to Him totally, then get selfish and want to take her back, I have been wrestling with this a lot lately. Who am I to think that I could ever win an arm wrestling match with God or that I could ever love her or take better care of her than Him?? God is amazing, as I struggle with this He continues to place verses or quotes in front of me that gently remind me that He is in total control. In my quiet time I was browsing through a book that I love so much called "Praying the Scriptures for Your Children" by Jodie Berndt (which I highly recommend) and He placed these thoughts before me...
**"Prayers for your children's safety may be rooted in the certainty that God loves them, and that the Lord is always alert and on the job" (AWESOME)
** "When you pray for your children's health and safety, it helps to keep your eyes fixed on JESUS - NOT the circumstances" (Tell me that wasn't screaming at me today :-) )
**"You can always pray with confidence, knowing that what satan means for harm, God uses for good - even when human eyes see any possible way to turn tragedy into triumph". (SWEEEET and totally true!!)
I love His gentleness, His strength is amazing and I cannot thank Him enough for His Almighty love and strength and for loving us more than we can fathom.

I'm going to post a few of the scriptural prayers that touched my heart and I have prayed a lot. So please feel free to join me in these prayers and insert anybody's names where Ashtyn's name is within the prayer.

Let Ashtyn lie down and sleep in peace. (Psalm 4:8)

Thank You that You have redeemed Ashtyn and called her by name; she is Yours. When she passes through the waters (trials, temptations, peer pressure, suffering, and the like), be with her. When she passes through the rivers, do not let them sweep over her. When she walks through the fire, do not let her be burned. (Isaiah 43:1-2)

Let Ashtyn take refuge in You and be glad; let her ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over Ashtyn that she may rejoice in You. (Psalm 5:11)

Lord, you are faithful. Please strengthen and protect Ashtyn from the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)

Give Ashtyn victory and be her shield. Guard her course and protect her way. (Proverbs 2:7-8)

Thank You that Jesus bore our sins in His body on the tree, and that by his wounds Ashtyn is healed. (1 Peter 2:24)