Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy 7th Birthday Hannah!






What an awesome day! It is hard to believe that we have been blessed with Hannah for 7 years now! And what an amazing time is has been! In my quiet time I reflected on scriptures directly related to our children and these two caught my heart:
Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is a reward."
Ephesians 6:4 "Do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord."

I love those verses so much and as for Psalm 127:3...as I recall my pregnancy, labor and the present I am totally in awe of how God has blessed my life with these beautiful children. What an amazing reward! And Ephesians 6:4...challenges me beyond compare. I so love to watch my children love God, eachother and each and every person they come in contact with the love of the Lord. I feel so honored as a parent to have this opportunity to teach them and mold them the way God desires. Not that I don't mess up, (a lot sometimes), but God has blessed us with them so they can go out into the world and make a difference, to shine the light of His love for all to see. I'm totally up for the challenge and thank Him for all the goodness He has blessed us with in these children.

Lord, I submit myself to You. I realize that parenting a child in the way You would have me to is beyond my human abilities. I know I need You to help me. I want to partner with You and partake of Your gifts of wisdom, discernment, reveltaion and guidance. I also need Your strength and patience, along with a generous portion of Your love flowing through me. Teach me how to love the way You love. Where I need to be healed, delivered, changed, matured or made whole, I invite You to do that in me. Help me to walk in righteousness and integrity before You. Teach me Your ways, enable me to obey Your commandments and do only what is pleasing in Your sight. May the beauty of Your Spirit be so evident in me that I will be a godly role model. Give me the communication, teaching, and nurturing skills that I must have. Make me the parent You want me to be and teach me how to pray and truly intereced for the life of this child. Lord, you said in Your Word, "Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive" (Matthew 21:22). In Jesus' name I ask that You will increase my faith to believe for all the things You've put on my heart to pray for concerning this child.