Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

Last night as I lay wrapped strongly in Greg's arms after a long, vigorous day, sobbing like a baby, that still, amazing voice of God whispered this scripture to me time & time again.

As I write this I am weeping immensely, but this time with tears of total thankfulness and praise to the amazing God we love & serve who continues to show up time and time again. As Greg and I laid there last night I could honestly feel God's precious, strong arms gently wrapped around Greg & I both, uniting us as parents, allowing us to grieve for this beautiful child He has given us. I thank God for allowing me to have such an amazing husband. Greg's love & strength continue to amaze me on a daily/hourly basis.

As I woke up this morning and looked over at Ashtyn (who had come in to sleep in our bed during the night) I couldn't help but weep and pray a prayer of thanksgiving for allowing me to be the mother of such beautiful children, and for allowing us this time to really see the blessing He has given us with new clarity. Quickly after my prayer I headed to my Bible to see just where this verse He was giving me was located and I am so thankful I found it. Verse 29-30 goes on to say "Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." My study Bible's commentary says that Jesus doesn't offer a life of luxurious ease - the yoke is still an oxen's tool for working hard. But it's a shared yoke, with weight falling on bigger shoulder than yours. Someone with more pulling power is up front helping. Suddenly you are participating in life's responsibilities with a great Partner - and now that frown can turn into a smile, and that gripe into a song. Wow! God's grace is truly amazing and His direction is always clear if we just be still and allow Him to work in & through us! Amazing!

I have so many things to be thankful for, yesterday we were surrounded by hundreds of prayers and had the blessing of some special people in our lives right there by our side! Kay Lindley, your friendship is a treasure and I thank you for being my support person yesterday (and always) and for taking the time to go with us to Ashtyn's treatment's. Our time of sharing during these trips blesses my heart so much! You truly don't know how much you mean to our family! Bryan & MAC, you guys are stinkin' awesome! Thanks so much for your enduring love & prayers & for being our "earthly rocks", I am so glad Greg was surrounded by you when I couldn't be with him.

My prayer today Father is of utmost praise! You rock my world Lord and I thank you for sharing the yoke, for Your shoulders that are bigger than mine and Your pulling power that is always up in front of me giving me the strength to carry on! Be with Ashtyn Lord, I pray that Your will be done and that she will be filled with Your peace & strength each and every moment of the day! Heal her Lord in accordance to Your will! Thank you Father for all the many prayer warriors that are blessing our lives, bless them in a way that only You can! May you be forever exalted and lifted high!