Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Perseverance & the 5k...



~Hebrews 12:1 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." (NIV)

Since mid January I have been training to run my first 5k on April 5th, with an amazing group of women. These women challenge me, pray for me, and encourage me to persevere through the pain. Thanks so much Heather, Tara, Anna-Marie, Robin & Crystal for loving me through this journey. It's such a humbling honor to persevere with each of you.

This race is more than a race to the finish line...it's a race with the Savior who loves me, to build my perseverance not in this race alone, but in the race of life, and not just my life, a race for the lives who are hurting, who live life daily without the hope of the God who loves them, who hurt so deeply. So this race is ultimately for those who are hurting, those lives I so badly want to reach out and show the love of God to, to introduce them to OUR God, the ultimate Love and Hope of all time. And through the last several weeks I've realized that I cannot accomplish either one of these goals without Him. I have to continue to ask for His direction, pray to Him for clarity, strength and perseverance and always look to Him.

At the end of my runs each day, I have to say I am feeling some pain, but it is a pain that cannot come anywhere close to the pain He felt for each of us.

So God,I give this race to You and those You love so much who are waiting to meet you. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, bless me with Your eyes and Your heart to see and feel the pain of those who are hurting. Renew and increase my discernment God. I thank You for never moving and for always loving me through my humanness. Use me Lord to glorify You. Here am I Lord, send me...