Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Friday, August 17, 2007

One night down...

Well, it is Friday and I made it successfully through my night shift! Whew! I have to admit...I was sweating it! As the time drew closer to go to work and I still had not slept I began to rely on my strength & not the strength that God gives me, thinking how in the world am I going to make it for over 26 hours without sleep. (I mean, I am the type of person that 8 hours of sleep is about 4 hours shy of being a perfect night's rest!) I prayed tons on the way to work and when I started thinking of how WE (God & I) were going to get through the night I began to feel myself relaxing. As I got to work and all our rooms were full with two more babies on the way, I took a deep breath and thanked God for the busy night ahead that would allow my adrenaline to pump me through the night. It was definetly a very busy night, but I feel so humbled to have the opportunity help bring new lives into the world and witness the gift of life and live out part of God's calling for my life. What a blessing!! Thank you God for this awesome gift & calling on my life!
Ashtyn was amazing when I got home, she knew mommy had to sleep but with the compassionate heart that God gifted her she was prepared to take care of mommy! What a blessing in itself!
I thank God for my family, they support & encourage me so much in my walk with God, they're a blessing I will never be able to thank God for enough. To have two beautiful girls who love the idea of my job as a nurse just as much as I love my job, it's wonderful to see them mimic the care, love & compassion of Christ that He has called us all to have for one another. And to have an amazing husband, who despite his busy schedule, is willing to step up to the plate and be the most amazing husband and dad a family could ever ask for! I thank God for blessing me with the most amazing Ephesians husband this side of heaven!
My prayer today is that God would open the eyes of my heart and allow me to see the hurt of each person I come in contact with and to give me the strength to step out of my comfort zone and just walk across the room and to be a living, breathing example of the awesome God I love & serve.