Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Me...a closet blogger??

Wow! Who would have thought, me a blogger?? Not I, that's for sure, but thanks to some awesome friends and their encouragement, here I am, Lemon Princess free & clear! You might be thinking...Lemon Princess...where'd she get that? Well, that would be from my best friend in the whole world, my husband Greg. I'm really not like it sounds, it came from a game Greg & I once played with some friends where you were supposed to describe your spouse by a fruit you thinks describes them mixed with your nickname for them. As for why Greg chose Lemon you'll have to speak to him about that, but the princess part needs no explanation, right??
Today has been great so far, I started out at 5am trying to get my body ready for a nap because I start night shift in the OB department where I work, so I hit the treadmill jogging about 530am thinking it would work, but it is now 1241pm and I have been trying to "rest" since 1030 and no luck on the shut eye. But my tactics worked for Ashtyn who is fast asleep in my bed. As I watch her sleep I thank God for the journey He has place us on with her beautiful life, she is an inspiration to me and a reminder to never take life for granted and to live my life intentionally. His grace, love, strength & protection have brought us through so much, brings the hymn "What a friend we have in Jesus" to mind!! If only the world knew they have a friend like Him, I myself would be lost without Him! All those years I just walked through life searching for that "perfect" friend and He was there all the time just waiting for me to open my heart & wrap my arms around Him just as He is there doing every second of every day!!
Hannah's first day of 1st grade was today and she was so excited! As I heard footsteps while I was jogging I looked at my watch to find she was bright eyed and ready to go at 545am. Bless her precious heart, she blesses a mommy's soul! Being a mom to these two precious gifts from God is the best job a woman could ask for...RN part-time, mommy full-time...I have to say they don't compare. I love my job, as I get to witness the miracle of life God has given us, but being a mom rocks!!
My prayer today is that my life will be the salt & light of the earth that seasons and illuminates the world with God's love and that He would allow me to love & see each and every person the way He does! That He would use my hands and my life to heal & encourage the lives He places before me.