Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Can anyone say, "Amen"...

Yesterday and today have been full of the busy's! Nothing major, just lots of little things to get done. From taking my father-in-law for a routine test to grocery shopping to laundry, I could go on and on. But the highlight of my days lately are the times we spend in the car. I know that seems weird and it seems really weird to hear myself saying it because I used to hate the car, in Nursing School I pretty much lived in my car running here and there. But now, I enjoy it, sometimes it seems like its the only moment I have to sit down. Yesterday as we were driving from all our routes keeping the pavement hot (as if it's not hot enough right?) I decided I would have an "in the car revival", one my soul was yearning for, so I popped in the first session of my "Amazing Grace" Cd's from church and it was so incredibly refreshing!

The prayers and conversations the girl and I have in the car bless me abundantly and fills me with a reminder of how blessed I am. Yesterday as the girls and I were heading home from picking Hannah up from school my revival continued. At one point in the sermon Bryan said "Amen" and from the back seat of I heard the most precious little amen follow. Not that she knew what her little amen really meant, but it touched my heart to hear her. And it reminded me that children do listen and pick up on every little thing, even when we don't realize it.


Then as we continued on our way home there was a bus ahead of with a big truck between us, the truck was driving crazy, and at one point in the route the bus pulls over and allows the traffic to go by, so off goes this crazy truck, leaving me in his dust (literally) and Hannah says, "Man, mom that trucks got some horse power" and before I could wonder where she got that, she continued "But Dud (our quarter horse) has more power than that". She cracks me up!


Children are truly a gift from God, to lighten our hearts, keep us humble and to convict us of our actions!



My prayer today is that God would forgive me for the many times I have failed to be a shining example to my children. That He would continue to convict me of my shortcomings, remind me how blessed I truly am and fill me with the love and patience for my children that He has for me.