Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy 10th Anniversary...

Today marks the 10th anniversary of one of the greatest days in my life, the day I married my soul-mate and best friend Greg!! Where in the world did those 10 years go?? I honestly don't know, but I do know that God has done some amazing things in and through our marriage in those years. Up and downs and believe me, times we both wanted to throw in the towel, but we knew that was not what either of us truly desired and God defintely didn't plan. So through these years we've learned that love truly is an action not a feeling, that it takes two...to love and to fight. Loving and respecting eachother is one of the greatest gifts we can give one another and not just on a special occasion, it's a choice we make daily, even hourly.

I remember the first time I really noticed him in school, way back in the day, and my heart knew he was going to be the man I'd marry, whether Greg knew or believed it or not! So I "stalked" this precious man, inviting him over for a casual game of basketball at my house, funny huh? Basketball won his heart over, even if I beat him every time ;-) SO, finally when the first official date came on April 11, 1994, it was all over but the crying. He knew it even more than I did that we were supposed to together forever...even if he didn't respond the first time I told him I loved him until about a week after. Four years to the day after our first date, we became one in Christ. God has brought two beautiful angels into our lives through this marriage and blessed our lives more than we will ever truly realize.

I am so thankful that God brought us together. Greg is the best and I am so thankful for the Godly leader he is for our family. The love, truth, encouragement, strength and support he brings into my life is priceless and for that I am forever thankful!

We are so excited about celebrating all that God has done over the last 10 years of our life. We are headed to Chicago for the weekend and I cannot wait!

SO, HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY Greg! I love you and thank God for you and remember...He shows the rivers where to run, He struck the match that lit the sun, He writes the songs the birds sing, He makes the flowers bloom in spring, but of all the things He's done, He made me for you and you for me, and that's more than anything!!

God, I thank You for this amazing man You've allowed me to live life with and for the leader He is in our family and our church. Bless Him Father in a way that only You can. Thank You for the amazing plan You have for our lives, may You receive the glory, the honor and the praise forever and ever!!