Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In honor of Joe...



As I write this today, tears streaming down my face and all, my heart is broken for the loss of one of our good friends Joe Crump and I felt the need to dedicate today's blog to him and his family.

I'll never forget the first time I met Joe. I had went to the old Better Bodies to workout early in the morning, and as I was working out minding my own business, cracking up inside as these two guys (Joe & his best friend Gary) struggled to do 8-minute Abs, Joe began to give me a hard time (knowing that I was Greg's fiance' at that time, with me having no clue who he was) and I remember wondering who in the world is this guy, only to soon realize that he would be one of the greatest workout buddies on the planet! Each morning as I would workout, there Joe & Gary would be to wake me, cheer me, encourage me and most of all crack me up! Laughter was always in the air when Joe (and Gary)was around.

A few years after meeting, we faced the loss of Joe's best friend Gary, to cancer. Which was very hard, they lived life together like none other. After the passing of Gary, it felt as if a piece Joe went with him. Until one day, it was as if God breathed life right back into him as they received a great surprise! As you can see in the picture Joe wasn't just a motorcycle lover, he was a father. This picture was taken as he and his wife Shelly awaited the arrival of their daughter Allison, who was quite a surprise, to say the least, as Joe was in his upper 40's when Shelly was expecting. But what an amazing gift God gave to them through this child. When Alli was 2 they found out that she too had cancer. And after tons of prayer, surgery and a lot of chemo, Alli is cancer free. Praise God!! The reason I share this part of their life, is when Joe wrecked, he was actually riding in a poker run for Relay for Life in honor of Alli and his best friend Gary to help raise money so a cure may one day be found for cancer. Doing what he loved to do, for those he loved SO much!

So today, I ask for your prayers for Shelly, Alli and their entire family. Their loss is great, but their memories are amazing and huge! I know Greg & I are incredibly thankful for those memories as we will cherish them for the rest of our lives. And it is a great reminder to us to never take life for granted, cherish the friendships we have and truly live real, authentic lives together with the ones we love.

Father God, today I lift up the Crump family to you, I pray that Your spirit would blow their lives today and always. I pray a hedge of protection, strength and peace around their hearts and lives all their days. I pray that they will feel Your loving arms around them in everything they do. I thank you for the opportunity to have had such an awesome friend, and for the laughter he brought into our lives. Use us Lord to shine Your light and love to them in this trying time, may we be a reflection of Your love and grace today and always...