Rough day?? Here's a dose inspiration...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" ~ Ephesians 3:20 (Msg)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Boatload of Faith

I will establish my covenant with you...and your wife. ~ Genesis 6:18 NIV

A few weeks ago I started a new daily devotional from a book called "Walking with the Women of the Bible - A Devotional Journey Through God's Word" by Elizabeth George, so I could really get to know the women of the Bible as to gain knowledge of their walk with God. How can their walk affect my walk? That's exactly what I'm looking for. Today's devotion really touched me and I wanted to share it. I found that regardless of whether your a woman OR a man we can gain some valuable insight from this. So here it goes...
______________________________________________

We don't know her names so let's call her "Mrs. Noah." She spent her days loving her husband, Noah, raising their three sons, and caring for their home. Daily life was simple...until "the call" came from the Lord.
Grieved over the wickedness of mankind, God decided to destroy humans, the animals of the fields, and the birds of the air. But Noah trusted and walked with God, so God chose to save him and his family. God told him to make an ark.
As Noah moved forward in obedience, Mrs. Noah may have mused, What can I do? How can I help him fulfill God's plan?

Pray. She could pray for mankind as God's judgment loomed, for her husband as he served the Lord, and for her family to also follow God.

Encourage. Husbands thrive on their wives' cheerful, hope-filled words of support. She could encourage Noah in his work.

Believe. She may have wondered about the ark and the flood possibility, but she could choose to believe.

Help. She could help with the animals and gather the food they'd need for their mysterious voyage of faith.

Follow. She could - by faith - follow her husband's leading day by day for 120 years, for 43,800 days...right into the ark of salvation that transported her family into an unknown future.

________________________________________

How cool is that? We as women aren't called to just sit back and let our husbands do all that they've been called to do. God created us to become spiritually healthy and physically healthy so we could not only support our husbands and families, but to also live out the dreams He has for our lives. Male or female we are created to first of all love & serve God and to support eachother's visions that are God given. So if your reading this, it's not just for women, it's for anyone who loves God and desires to live a God-loving, honoring life. Mrs. Noah can teach us a lot, her faithful devotion to God and her husband are a tremendous asset to God's kingdom, along with the desire and hunger she has to help fulfill God's plan is a beautiful combination...humble, submissive, yet faithful and strong in who God created her to be.

Lord, I want to have faith that prays persistently, chooses righteousness, encourages fellow believers, helps Your kingdom, and follow You faithfully. Help me find strength for today and hope for tomorrow as I sail into the future You have for me...